Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Seeking Employment

So it's been pointed out that I'm looking for a job, and prospective employers might see these pictures and be less than impressed. I decided to go ahead with it anyway, with this to say to any employers who should stumble upon this blog:

My house does not reflect who I really am, or how I present myself to others. That's why I'm trying to change it.

I bathe daily. I brush my teeth. I don't wear rags, and I wash my clothes regularly. I can present a professional appearance when needed, and a neat casual appearance any other time. I don't go around in sweats, or dressed like folks from the People of Wal-Mart blog.

I have two master's degrees, and I graduated with an A- average. This is not a feat that can be done by anyone who is totally and hopelessly disorganized. So I do have hope.

At work, I've been known as the one who actually vacuums the office, sorts through old papers, and organizes the files. I just can't seem to get my act together at home.

So if you feel the need to judge me for this blog, keep this in mind:

In me, you'll be getting an employee who is competent doing a great many things. But no one is competent at everything. In me, you'll be getting an employee who has a proven track record of recognizing her areas of incompetence, of facing them head on without hiding or blaming circumstances or others, and of taking positive action to correct them.

As someone with supervisory experience, I know that an employee with those particular qualities is even rarer than someone with two master's degrees.

I look forward to meeting with you to further discuss my qualifications with respect to any positions you might have open! ;)

And now for the update:

I took care of the pile of laundry in the hallway. I still have to make my bed and put another load of laundry away, and dust a bit in my bedroom. Which leads me to the reason my bedroom wasn't in the pictures that Ally took of the upstairs.

It's *gasp* relatively tidy, and has been for a while. I got new flooring put in last year, and I painted the bedroom at the same time, and I made it into a sanctuary. Now the worst that happens is clean laundry piles up on the floor, but that pile usually doesn't stay more than a day or two.

And the dusting builds up, and it's a pain to deal with it because of my allergies.

But I'm going to take my allergy medication, and tidy my room right now.

Tomorrow, I'm going to deal with "The Box." I'll tell you what it is, and why it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment