Monday, July 26, 2010

Day Zero

Ruth

I honestly don't know what I've gotten myself into. One of my goals this summer, seeing as how I'm mostly unemployed right now, it to get my house into a more livable state.

That is, clean, tidy and uncluttered.

Now a blog of this sort would be absolutely no good if I just told you what my house was like, and didn't take any pictures. But I do not own a digital camera. So...

I've enlisted the help of my daughter, who has agreed to take and post the pictures of my house as I go through this process. In fact, she just went through my house now and took the "before" pictures, so y'all can understand just why I need to do this exercise.

We brainstormed a couple of ways to get the pictures from her camera onto the blog, and we decided to add her as an author. She's going to post the pictures, and I'm going to write the blog. Except...

She gets to post her own commentary on the pictures. Without any input or editing on my part.

Um, ulp?

Those of you who know my daughter will understand my fear in this instance. Those of you who don't--well, you'll soon find out.

Anyhow, it's Day Zero. I may do a little bit tonight, or I may not, but one thing is for sure. The terms of this agreement with Ally say that she will post pictures only of the part I clean, if I clean anything. But if I don't do any substantial cleaning, she posts the whole lot of "before" pictures again.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment